Application to be filled on line
Deadline: November 3, 2020 - 12.00 GMT email@example.com
1.Which institutions and places of culture, other buildings or complexes are assigned to the Archelogical Site of Pompei?
The following places of culture, buildings or complexes are assigned to the Archelogical Site of Pompei:
2. What are the main tasks assigned to the Museum Director?
- Antiquarium di Boscoreale (Napoli)
- Area archeologica di Villa Sora - Torre del Greco (Napoli)
- Area archeologica di Pompei - Pompei (Napoli)
- Castello di Lettere (Napoli)
- Parco archeologico di Longola - Poggiomarino (Napoli)
- Ex Real Polverificio borbonico - Scafati (Salerno)
- Reggia del Quisisana - Castellammare di Stabia (Napoli)
- Scavi archeologici di Oplontis - Torre Annunziata (Napoli)
- Scavi archeologici di Stabiae - Castellamare di Stabia (Napoli)
- Sito archeologico di Villa Regina - Boscoreale (Napoli)
The Director is responsible for the overall management of the museum, as well as for the implementation and development of its cultural and scientific project. In particular, the Director:
3. What type of contract and what salary is envisaged for Museum Directors?
a) plans, steers, coordinates and monitors all of the museum’s management activities, including the organisation of shows and exhibitions, as well as the analysis, enhancement, communication and promotion of the museum’s heritage;
b) curates the museum’s cultural project, ensuring that it is a vital, inclusive site capable of promoting the development of culture;
c) without prejudice to the powers of the Director of the relevant Regional Museum Complex, the Director sets the cost of entry tickets, having conferred with the Directorate-General of Museums and the Regional Museum Complex, and in compliance with the guidelines drafted by the Director-General of Museums;
d) establishes the museum’s opening hours so as to ensure the broadest possible attendance, in compliance with the guidelines drafted by the Director-General of Museums;
e) ensures the highest possible standards in terms of management and communication, innovation in teaching and technology, to promote users’ active participation and to provide concrete formative learning experiences;
f) guarantees full collaboration with the Director-General of Museums, the Regional Secretary, the head of the relevant Regional Museum Complex and the Superintendence offices;
g) guarantees a close collaboration with the local community, including with research and all other initiatives, also to expand the museum’s collection with new acquisitions, organise temporary exhibitions or to promote archiving, scholarship, restoration, communication and enhancement activities;
h) authorises the loan of the artworks in overseen collections for exhibitions and shows within the national territory and abroad, in accordance with Article 48, para.1 of the Cultural Heritage and Landscape Code, also in compliance with the cultural agreements that may be reached by the Directorate-General of Museums for the purpose of organising shows and exhibitions, having conferred with the competent Directorates-General and, for loans abroad, also with the Directorate-General of Museums;
i) having conferred with the relevant sector superintendent, authorises the study of and publications regarding the materials on show and/or stored in the museum;
j) makes arrangements for the conferral of the museum’s activities and public services of enhancement, pursuant to Article 115 of the Cultural Heritage and Landscape Code and the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers no. 171 of 29 August 2014;
k) assists the Director-General of Budget and the Director-General of Museums in encouraging donations by private persons in support of culture, also through specific agreements with institutions, cultural sites and local authorities; to this end, s/he promotes specific awareness and fundraising campaigns, also through crowd-funding;
l) performs research activities, the results of which are made public, also through electronic media; makes proposals to the Directorate-General of Education and Research concerning initiatives aimed at dissemination, education, training and research connected to the collections under their tutelage, and collaboration in the training activities coordinated and authorised by the Director-General of Education and Research, including hosting the work experience activities envisaged within the context of said training activities and programs;
m) acts as a commissioning body (“stazione appaltante”).
The appointment is granted for a period of 4 years. The gross annual salary amounts to EUR 148.837,25 plus any target-based bonuses, depending upon the Director’s annual assessment and the funds available for these bonuses, up to a maximum of EUR 40,000;
4. How does the selection procedure take place?
Interested candidates are invited to submit an online application to the selection procedure, and provide the requested documentation; the candidacies are examined and assessed by an Assessment Board established especially for the purpose, and composed of experts appointed by the Ministry.
The most eligible candidates are called in for interviews (to be held at the offices of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism in Rome, during the month of Febraury 2021), based on which the Board shortlists 3 (three) candidates to be proposed to the Ministry or the Director-General of Museums.
The selection of the candidate to be appointed, from among the three candidates shortlisted by the Board, is made, on the basis of the assessment performed by the Board and taking into account any preferences indicated by the participants in the motivation letter presented at the time of their application, by the Minister,
5. Who are the members of the Assessment Board?
The Board is comprised of five members selected from among experts of the highest repute in the cultural heritage sector. The members are appointed by the Minister. Within 15 days of the date of the Ministerial Appointment Decree, the candidates may present petitions for the recusal of Board members, based on the grounds established in the Code of Civil Procedure. The decisions on petitions for recusal are taken by the Director-General of Museums.
6. How should the application be submitted?
7. Who can apply to the selection procedure?
The applications must be submitted online, using the apposite form available on the Ministry’s website (https://mibact-online01.beniculturali.it
), by 12 midnight GMT of 3 November 2020
The application must include:
1) a scanned copy of a valid identification document, dated and signed;
2) a brief motivation letter (1000 words maximum) in Italian and in English. If an application is submitted for more than one of the museums subject of this selection, an order of preference may be indicated in the motivation letter;
3) a detailed curriculum vitae, dated and signed;
4) a statement certifying the truthfulness and accuracy of all information provided, pursuant to Presidential Decree no. 445 of 28 December 2000;
5) a statement certifying the absence of any grounds for inadmissibility or incompatibility, in accordance with Legislative Decree no. 39 of 8 April 2013 and subsequent modifications;
6) a statement of no criminal record and of not being the subject of any pending criminal proceedings (if a criminal record exists or if criminal proceedings are pending against the candidate, details of the sentence or the of pending criminal proceedings must be specified, as indicated in the documentary evidence held by the competent courts).
The application must be accompanied by an authorisation to process personal data, limited to the selection procedure in question, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Code as reported in Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003.
All interested individuals, both Italian and foreign, may apply.
Eligibility for participation in the selection procedure requires:
a) educational qualifications: an Italian laurea specialistica or magistrale, or a degree certified according to the education system in force before the issuance of the regulations contained in the Decree of the Ministry for Universities and Scientific and Technological Research no. 509 of 3 November 1999, or equivalent educational university qualifications attained abroad;
b) professional experience:
specific and proven professional qualifications on the protection and enhancement of cultural heritage, demonstrated by the existence of one or more of the following prerequisites:
- Holding a Managerial status within the Ministry;
- Having held management positions, for at least a five-year period, in public or private institutions, or public and private companies, in Italy or abroad;
- possessing a particular professional, cultural and scientific specialisation, that is evident from the candidate’s graduate or post-graduate career, from scientific publications and from concrete work experiences of at least five years, also within public administrations, in Italy or abroad;
- having proven research and academic experience in Universities in Italy or abroad.
8. What are the possible grounds for inadmissibility and incompatibility with management posts within public bodies?
Pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 39 of 8 April 2013 and subsequent modifications, the grounds for inadmissibility regarding management positions in public bodies are the following:
- being the subject of a criminal conviction, even if the sentence is not final, for crimes against public administrations;
- having performed assignments or held posts in privately managed institutions or institutions funded by the administration of the public institution that is responsible for this appointment, or having performed freelance professional activities, if these are governed, funded or paid in any way by the administration or institution responsible for this appointment;
grounds for incompatibility are:
- undertaking and continuing to perform assignments or positions in privately managed institutions that are governed or funded by the administration or the public institution responsible for the appointment;
- performing freelance professional activities, if these are governed, funded or paid in any way by the administration or by the institution responsible for this appointment;
- undertaking and maintaining positions held by members of the steering committees of national, regional and local administrations.
9. How will the Board assess the candidates?
The candidates admitted to the selection, following verification of the eligibility criteria indicated in the answer to Question 9 above, are examined and assessed by the Board on the basis of the criteria indicated in Article 19, comma 1, of Legislative Decree no. 165 of 30 May 2001 and subsequent modifications, and on the following additional criteria:
1. a) educational qualifications: an Italian laurea specialistica or magistrale, or a degree certified according to the education system in force before the issuance of the regulations contained in the Decree of the Ministry for Universities and Scientific and Technological Research no. 509 of 3 November 1999, or equivalent educational university qualifications attained abroad;
2. other academic qualifications (research doctorate, master and/or specialisation diplomas) attained in Italy or abroad and relating to the protection, management and enhancement of cultural heritage;
3. publications and/or scientific awards on issues relating to the protection, management and enhancement of cultural heritage;
b) professional experience, acquired in Italy and/or abroad:
1. specific documented professional experience in matters concerning the protection, management and enhancement of cultural heritage;
2. specific documented professional experience in the operation and/or management of museums, including the conservation and enhancement of collections, activity planning, human resource, financial and capital management;
3. complexity of the activities and/or facilities managed and the results achieved;
4. specific competence relating to the collections and/or body of works of the museum or museums for which the candidate has submitted an application;
5. experience in the conception and implementation of communication projects;
6. experience in the conception and implementation of fundraising projects;
7. experience in the management of boards of directors and/or scientific advisory committees;
8. experience in the drafting and implementation of agreements with both public and private parties;
c) additional competences:
1. actual knowledge of and ability in the use of technologies, particularly those pertinent to the museum context;
2. ability to communicate with all stakeholders, both internal and external to the institution;
3. knowledge of the Italian language;
4. knowledge of other languages;
5. knowledge of the Italian cultural heritage, with particular emphasis on the collections held in the museum of museums for which the application was made;
6. knowledge of the organisation of the Ministry and the Italian administrative system.
The Board, during its first sitting, may identify further assessment criteria.
10. How will the criteria adopted by the Board be weighted?
The Board, during its first sitting, will establish and communicate the specific weighting assigned to each assessment criterion, it being understood that the greatest weight shall be given to the possession of proven professional qualifications in the protection and enhancement of cultural heritage as well as documented high level experience in the management of cultural institutions and sites.
11. Where can the documents and/or forms required to submit an application be found, as well as any updates on how the procedure should take place?
12. How can further information and/or clarifications be obtained?
All documents are available from the Ministry’s website, at the following address: link
Further information and/or clarifications may be requested by writing to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Which Office oversees the procedure?
The Office responsible for the procedure is the Directorate General for Organisation; the person in charge of the procedure is Dr. Marisa CALVINO (email: email@example.com).
14. When will the selection procedure be completed?
The procedure shall be completed by 31 march, 2021
If necessary and owing to specific and reasoned requirements connected to its operation, the Board may request an extension of this period.